Followers

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Alien Swarm

So basically, Steam is one of the best inventions for the computer ever. I went there a while back, and I found this free game called Alien Swarm. Oh, and for the record, no. I am not talking about that stupid Ben 10 crap they put on Cartoon Network these days. I am also not talking about his stupid video game thing. I'm talking about the GOOD Alien Swarm.


http://www.team-tactics.net/images/gamedatabase/shooter/alien_swarm/logo.png 
Ok, I'm not gonna lie, the best thing about this game is that it is free. I love free stuff. Makes my day. But there are other good parts about it too, I promise! The gameplay is pretty legit, and the fact that it can be single player OR multiplayer, makes me happy. When you play multiplayer, you can get achievements and you level up to unlock new weapons and what not.
http://www.theaveragegamer.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/AlienSwarm_BlueLighting.jpg 
Basic plot line is that a group of 4 Marines go to this mining colony on a foreign planet. There aren't any colonists around so they're like "What the hell, where is everyone?" Then, they realize that there are a bunch of murderous aliens running around this colony. I won't spoil the end, but its reminiscent of a Bungie/Flood experience. Anyway, I would definitely recommend this game because let's face it, if you don't like it its free. So... don't complain.


9 comments:

  1. hm, i've wanted to try that for a while

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been wanting to play this for a while. Its been getting some decent reviews. Your post def. Inspired me to try it out! Thanks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks like its going to be a sick game
    interested in more info

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks neat, but umm 1 problem. Steam actually sucks a lot. They have many flaws and could be so much better. Ever since CS jumped from 1.5 to 1.6 steam has been gay :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice. Thanks for the post. Awesome trailer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Alien swarm is awesome, love it. Probably wouldn't have tried it unless it was free though, which would have been a shame.

    ReplyDelete