Followers

Friday, October 15, 2010

Halo: Reach

Today, I'd like to talk about a game that I have spent an extremely long amount of time playing, Halo: Reach. I have always been a big fan of the Halo series (let's face it, it's the reason a lot of us even got Xbox s in the first place.) I will admit, however, that I had a dark age. An age where I no longer enjoyed hitting Covenant upside the head with the butt of my rifle, an age where jumping 40 feet into the air wasn't appealing. It was a dark age indeed. Bungie brought me out of that Dark Age with the release of Reach though. Reach brings together some of my favorite things in a video game, exciting multiplayer, a riveting campaign, and of course, character customization.

I really enjoy the idea of earning credits throughout all features of the game, and commendations make the credit idea even more enjoyable. I also have more fun playing games when I have a goal to work towards, whether that means 1000 headshots, or 50 kills with a vehicle. I also really like the new feature that allows for voting on game types and maps. I think everyone can agree that Halo 3 had terrible matchmaking because so many people would quit out of game types they didn't want to play. Bungie wasn't able to fix this completely with the voting scheme, but I would argue that it is much better now than it was. I also really enjoy how they brought back some of my favorite maps from previous games with maps such as Pinnacle and Hemorrhage.

I understand that this post is getting a tad wordy... so tomorrow's topic will be all about the campaign and character customization! (And a video just to get you your Halo: Reach kicks)


No comments:

Post a Comment