Followers

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Kingdom Hearts

My nostalgia post from yesterday got me in a fever. And the only prescription. Is more old school gaming. Today I popped in Kingdom Hearts, for the first time in over three years. Square Enix was my absolute favorite game publisher during my preteen years because they brought together two things I used to adore (and still do adore, for that matter) Final Fantasy and Disney.
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y154/jfyffe/raidmyspace/layouts/video-game/kingdom_hearts/kingdom_hearts_bg.jpg
In Kingdom Hearts (for those who don't know) you play as Sora, who is the owner of the Keyblade. Basically you go from world to world, each world featuring a different Disney movie, to defeat the heartless. Then there's some complicated stuff about Ansem and darkness and Mickey Mouse and blah blah I won't get into it now. 
http://images.fanpop.com/images/image_uploads/Kairi-kingdom-hearts-502127_800_600.jpg
Now on to some of my favorite things about the game. 1: Kairi. I'll be the first to admit that I had a completely age-appropriate crush on Kairi, that just got reinforced when they released her inner hotness in KHII.

I also was a huge fan of the Disney character integration. A few worlds off the top of my head that I truly enjoyed playing through (my names for them, not the actual game names...because mine are better) include: Hercules-land, Ariel's "Under Da Sea" world, and AgrabAH HOLY CRAP IS THAT A TALKING LION ROCK. The last of course being Aladdin's world of residence.

The sound track was also a high point of the game for me, which isn't something you'll hear from me too often. "Dude did you see that? Just took off a zombie's head with a machete attached to a Frostee machine!" "Bro, I'm trying to listen to the music here. Back off."

Anyway, this is just a taste of how amazing I think Kingdom Hearts is (its also one of the first games I ever beat 100% Dalmatians and everything) Go ahead and post some of your favorite oldie games, and maybe I can give my take on them in future posts!

10 comments:

  1. One of the best games from our era indeed my man. I beat both KH1 and KH2. Probably best games on the PS2 imo. The music.... oh my god the music!!!!!!! who didnt love the music really? it was the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah, i remember playing this. keep it up :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember the commercials for these games when they were coming out being epic.

    "Simple and clean is the way that you're making me feel tonight.."

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH MY GOD I LOVED THAT SONG ON THE COMMERCIAL SO MUCH, I don't care how gay it is. I miss playing kingdom heart. A lot. :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. hearts* and also, shadow of the colossus was an amazing game to me

    ReplyDelete
  6. I should probably play this one some time :/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never played this... interesting

    ReplyDelete
  8. Forge Ultimate weapon. FEEL LIKE A BADASS

    ReplyDelete