Followers

Friday, October 29, 2010

Super Mario 64

I know I've been doing a lot of nostalgia posts lately, but I can't resist talking about one more staple of my childhood. Super Mario 64 was another one of my first video games. I love this game. If it was legal, I would marry it.
http://www.vgboxart.com/boxes/N64/12905_super_mario_64.jpg 
I doubt I need to go over what the game is about, because let's face it... all Mario is the same. Bowser has stolen Peach, yet again. You go into Peach's castle and find stars in different worlds. The more stars you get, the more levels of the castle you can go to. Each level of the castle also has a Bowser fight. Pretty standard for a Mario game, but it's so different... so different...
http://www.videogamesblogger.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/super-mario-64-screenshot-bowser-large.jpg
This game was one of the launch games for the N64, and it was one of the first 3D platforming games. Also, the depth of these levels is intense. There is SO much to do in every single world that I literally never got bored. Ever. Which is hard to do for a little kid amped up on Mt. Dew. Even harder to do for a college student amped up on Mt. Dew. (This game has entertained me in both stages.) It's also been re-released as a DS game. B.A.

Pretty cheesy vid, but it gives some good looking gameplay, as well as a look at the story.

13 comments:

  1. I love Mario 64, might go play it later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonder how many Mario games are still to come.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love mario it makes me want to play

    ReplyDelete
  4. My first and favorite N64 game of all time.

    Back in the golden age of good game play...

    ReplyDelete
  5. wait, that wasn't seriously the trailer that nintendo put out, was it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. This game scared the shit out of my as a kid, I to this day have a fear of overwhelmingly large things. Jumping into massive paintings is just... creepy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this game. I hold they port it on the 3ds

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh man, I really want to play this again on the 64. The DS doesnt cut it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Colin- No, this was a fan made video.

    Also, it is on the DS, but as Dan said- not as good.

    ReplyDelete