Followers

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Army of Two

Ok, I am a huge supporter of cooperative gaming. So by the transitive property I am a huge supporter of Army of Two. This is probably one of the best coop games out there. I used to get a group of four together and we would have races through the campaign in our groups of two. I've done two play throughs, one as the agro guy, and as the sneaky ninja guy. I'll get into that in a little bit later though.
http://files.ea.com/downloads/eagames/armyoftwo/wallpaper/wallpaper/012908/Army-of-Two-1.png

You and your partner take over Tyson Rios and Elliot Salem, two operatives from the T.W.O., an organization of mercenaries. You fight through several missions and I won't lie I don't remember all the details because I was so amped up on caffeine and sugar that I pretty much blacked out after the game was over. Nah, I just don't want to ruin the ending for you, because it's pretty intense!
http://www.wallpaperdojo.com/images/games/army_of_two_01_1600x1200.jpg







 Anyway, on to some of the features I really loved about this game. The agro system is really well implemented, and I loved that the game rewarded you for using their system. You can do the missions if both of you are trying to tank it up, but it is seriously easy to send one guy in to flank while the enemies all look at the other.
http://www.gameslave.co.uk/picstore/Army-of-Two-The-40th-Day/ao2_tfd_march16a.jpg
The other thing that I really love about the game is the weapon choice. First, pick your weapon. You can go with the guns blazing M134 Minigun approach, or maybe a more laid back AUG type. Once you get your basic weapon down, it's time to customize the HELL out of it. You can range anywhere from a cheap soda can silencer, to full gold plating for your whole weapon. I was a little sad that when I was sneaky ninja guy I couldn't "pimp" my gun, because it raises your agro. So I had an ugly gun. Sad face. But yeah, I absolutely recommend this game to anyone that's still reading.

22 comments:

  1. I absolutely love this game!

    Brool story co.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't like army of two, not because it's a bad game, it's just because it's so average and I never had too much fun with it.
    If you've got a friend it's good, if not then it sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to play this with my brother a lot :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't really like these type of games I'm more into rpgs :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. i really want to play this- heard some very good things about it

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds cool, though I'm out of practice with shooters. The new Fable III has a nice co-op as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. is it too much to ask for army of four? 8D

    ReplyDelete
  8. That game is so red-neck. Bling out your guns!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i've heard a lot of good things about this game

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like what you did with your blog.
    Followin !

    ReplyDelete
  11. sounds like a friggin wicked game I can't wait to play it

    ReplyDelete
  12. I enjoy this site, cool games and cool people use this site. thanks for sharing it..
    EA Games Help please visit the link.

    Thankyou
    Lacy Brown

    ReplyDelete