Followers

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Borderlands

Ah, finally a recently released game (relative to my other posts) to talk about. Borderlands is a wicked awesome game that really emphasizes a coop style of gameplay. I seriously can't think of any really huge problems with this game, but I can definitely think of some supremely awesome concepts!
http://desktop.freewallpaper4.me/view/original/2990/borderlands-lilith.jpg
First, the storyline is pretty sweet. I won't go into to much detail to avoid spoiling it for people who want to play, but basically you end up on this planet called Pandora. You are one of four characters (Lilith=Siren, Brick=Bruiser, Mordecai=Hunter, and Roland=Soldier) and you are headed out to find some legit treasure on this planet. Along the way you complete quests for random people and get some of the coolest weapons I've seen in a game so far. Which brings me to my next point...
http://desktop.freewallpaper4.me/preview/2988-borderlands-roland.jpg
One of the selling points on whether I wanted to buy this game or not was the weapon system. It isn't anything special until you realize that the weapons are like snowflakes or fingerprints. NO TWO ARE ALIKE. It's really a simple but ingenious idea. They have several basic weapons, and then they randomize the color the damage, the elemental effects, as well as many other things. So every time you loot the body of your fallen enemy, it's like a miniature Christmas!
http://desktop.freewallpaper4.me/view/original/2987/borderlands-mordecai.jpg
Another cool thing about this game is what happens when you beat the game. I won't spoil any of the plot here I don't think... but just to be safe skip this paragraph if you're worried about my censoring ability. Basically the goal of the game is to find this uh... "thing" that's only around for uhm... a certain amount of time every certain number of years. And once you find it... you get transported into the future to find it again. That was super confusing and probably doesn't make a lick of sense unless you've already played the game. The point is you get to reuse your character and replay the game, but everything is amped up to your level. It's like playing through on a harder difficulty basically. It's sweet.
http://desktop.freewallpaper4.me/preview/2989-borderlands-brick.jpg
Closing statement on this game is that I loved it, but it really is more fun if you have a full team of 4. Playing by yourself gets old pretty quick. Also, if you've played what character was your favorite? I was rockin Lilith most of the time, but I had one of each character ready to go.

24 comments:

  1. Everyone is talking about this game. It must be good :D. I got to check it out sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never could get into this game, but I know alot of my friends dig it. meh. I might give it another go around now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I played as the girl too but I didn't play much, I'm not really a fan of shooters. I know it's different but I still couldn't get into it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh borderlands, it's on my to play list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know people who swear by this game!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I played as the skinny dude, I don't remember his name though

    ReplyDelete
  7. looks pretty cool, I will definitely check it out asap.
    Cheers dude

    ReplyDelete
  8. borderlands is sooo good. The new level cap has me playing it through again. It's better co-op though.

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is a pretty good game review... keep it coming

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cool review, that game is fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love Borderlands, played it to death. I picked Mordecai and stuck with him, but I've also played as Lilith and liked her quite a bit too. My Mordecai is level 62, Lilith is 18. lol.

    ReplyDelete