Followers

Friday, November 5, 2010

Guild Wars

So, I haven't really talked about any of my PC gaming up to this point, and today is going to be the first time I really talk about it. Guild Wars is probably one of my favorite computer games that I own. Now there's so much to talk about in this series that I don't think I can do it all in a single post, so instead I'll just talk about some general parts. Maybe I'll do some follow up posts to talk about individual games...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v150/DarkShadowRage/Guild%20Wars/GuildWarsWallpaper800x600.png
Diving right in...there are 10 professions to choose from if you have all 3 main campaigns. They are Warrior, Necromancer, Ranger, Monk, Elementalist, Mesmer, Assassin, Ritualist, Dervish, and Paragon. Once you pick a main profession, you can double up and use a secondary profession as well. This means that you have access to all the skills from 2 of the 10 professions. You can use up to 8 skills at any given time to make your "build." This is all just a complicated way of saying that you have almost endless possibilities for making your character. If this seems like a lot of variation, think about the fact that you usually travel with a party of 8, meaning that for your regular party there are a ridiculous number of adventuring possibilities.
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/File:All_Profession_line.png 
I also feel that the storylines in every game are really compelling. I loved campaigning with my friends and it was fun to follow all the twists and turns in the plot. My favorite campaign was probably... Prophecies. Followed closely by Nightfall, then Eye of the North (can't decide if this is an expansion or a separate game, but it was a good storyline nonetheless) and Factions brings up the rear. I usually rolled a Warrior (as I do with most games) but I have played extensively with all of the professions. If you've played, what did you roll?
http://www.desktop-3d.com/wallpapers/84/Guild_Wars_feer.jpg
Overall, I would recommend playing ANY of these campaigns, because they are stand alone. If you like one of them, then definitely go out and buy the other campaigns too. Your characters can transfer between the campaign worlds. Look out for me posting about each individual game more in the future! If you'd like to recommend which one I review first, let me know in the comments!

13 comments:

  1. I have only played the first guild wars! It was a great game, but didn't play the rest of the expansions! I can't wait til Guild Wars 2 comes out though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't played any of them :(
    I don't even have a good excuse as to why I didn't either

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really need to get back into the video game world, it looks like I'm missing out

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to try guild wars! I tried it when it was in Beta

    ReplyDelete
  5. It seems awesome, great review and pics.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I played it when it first game out and loved it. The graphics were ahead of it's time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want the 2nd one to come out NAOW

    ReplyDelete
  8. can't wait until your next post!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I showed my friends your post and they enjoyed it! Keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete