Followers

Friday, November 12, 2010

Minecraft

Something in the back of my mind makes me not like to play popular games. It's something to do with my need to be different and unique (which is probably linked to always being last in four square when I was younger, or something dumb like that). Occasionally though, I'll get this extreme craving to play a really popular game. Last night, Minecraft hit me like a brick wall. I have avoided it for a couple weeks now, but I finally caved and bought the game. Let me tell you, that is one of the BEST decisions I have made in a long while.
http://defaultprime.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/MinecraftLogo.png
Minecraft is everything I've been wanting in a game for a long time now. It has zombies, it's a massive world that you can carve to your satisfaction, and it encourages creativity. It is seriously like Sims meets zombie apocalypse. I have only played for a few hours so far, but I'm already hooked. It has been a long time since I have been so distracted by a game that I can't focus in classes. I just keep thinking about the next addition to my cave... or how many zombies I want to annihilate later.
http://media.pcgamer.com/files/2010/10/Minecraft-Halloween-Update-1.jpg
Anyway, I will most likely do more posts on Minecraft, more specifically my experiences with the game. This is a must buy for an PC gamer. It's only like... 14 bucks I think? Plus, I'll get way more satisfaction out of this game than I would get out of a 60 dollar shoot 'em up. Oh, and the 14 bucks guarantees you never have to pay again. So free updates forever!

26 comments:

  1. ahah it's too late now, you can't go back !

    ReplyDelete
  2. interesting stuff, I'll check back tomorrow

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have yet to indulge into this game, but it looks so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Man I haven't tried this game out yet! But I will soon :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like such a fun creative game, I really want to play now xD

    ReplyDelete
  6. It reminds me of a space game i used to play just cant remember the name...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whoa the halloween update looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My entire blog is devoted to Minecraft - you should check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The comments in here are full of so much creativity, if I ate one I would shit sprinkle covered rainbows.

    ReplyDelete