Followers

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Mirror's Edge

I forgot I had even beaten this game...and I will admit I'm ashamed. I really feel that Faith Connors of Mirror's Edge belongs on every list of top female protagonists. She is so legit in so many ways, and Mirror's Edge is pretty legit too.
http://techpluslifestyle.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/me-wallpaper1-1280x800.jpg
Before I go to in depth crushing on Faith, I want to cover a little bit of storyline. Long story short (I really want to get to gameplay =P) Faith's friend is set up for murder, and Faith takes it upon herself to solve the case, and clear the friend's name. The whole thing snowballs into a huge huge HUGE ordeal that involves bullets and explosions and dead people and all the things that make a good game great. For the record... that's barebones storyline, it's actually a really good plot, and I in no way did it justice. (But for a good reason! Read on)

http://g1wallz.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/mirrors-edge.jpg
Ok. Favorite part. Can't type because I'm so excited. Mirror's Edge allowed me to stop jumping from roof too roof and breaking limbs in failed parkour attempts, because I could finally get that rush in a video game. Gameplay is extremely smooth, and even attack sequences are fluid. You take on the text book definition of a parkour-er. You run around climbing on pipes and jumping off roof tops and sliding under air vents. You disarm enemies, but never have to kill them (a unique non-violent action game in a sea of murderous video games). It's just a really fun blend of action sequences and storyline.




Overall, it's a great game. I would recommend renting it, as opposed to buying it, but if you really enjoy time trials, go ahead and buy it. This is just a great great time.

32 comments:

  1. Apparently there's a fall down button.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I quite enjoyed this game when it came out

    ReplyDelete
  3. that gives me something to think about

    ReplyDelete
  4. What stopped me from checking this game out was that I heard you could beat it in about 2 hours. I'd be so upset if I dropped 60 bucks on a game that was over before I even started. (Also, you're welcome, I like to put a lot of effort into my posts! Thank you for commenting on mine on a regular basis, I appreciate THAT. <3)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This game was epic when it game out - but it was really short. Definitely a rent, not a buy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. looking forward to your next update

    ReplyDelete
  7. I heard this game was quick but it had really good graphics.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, sounds like a great game. Cool blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. i second that... dont buy it it's way short. I beat it with a friend in about one evening...

    ReplyDelete
  10. this was a pretty fun game, enjoyed it but traded it in when I beat it, no real replay value

    ReplyDelete
  11. SUpah fun, Once you get up to speed the game feels so relaxing to play around.

    ReplyDelete
  12. mirror's edge is a lot of fun, but ooohhhhh so short!

    ReplyDelete
  13. nice, you convinced me to try it !

    ReplyDelete