Followers

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Shadowrun

Shadowrun goes on my list of awesomely under rated game. I had literally never heard of it until a friend of mine downloaded the demo about 3 years after the game was released. We played the demo online for about a week before we managed to track down enough copies for all our friends. This game was so unheard of that the game store employees hadn't even heard of it, but I'll be honest this game deserves some kind of award or something...for like...being awesome or being super fun.... or something...
http://img119.imageshack.us/img119/5543/92919677274frontmf4.jpg
The game is pretty much strictly multiplayer online, although you can substitute bots for the real people if you so desire. The whole game is basically one big customizing experience. Before the game starts you pick your race (Elf, Human, Dwarf, or Troll). Then in game you can buy weapons, tech, or magic. There are some great combinations that can be made from these, but there are WAY to many to contain in this post. Some examples would be using the gust magic ability to blast grenades across the map to your enemies. Or maybe you'd like to block off hallways with the strangle magic ability and snipe your enemies from the other side.
http://www.xboxexclusive.net/img_screenshots/248/1.jpg
My friends and I found it easiest to practice against bot teams in both the gametypes available to choose from (Elimination and CTF) before we made the journey to online multiplayer. Multiplayer is really hard to do well in, because not to many people are left playing this game. Also, players on the computer can go up against players on the xbox, and this creates some extremely unbalanced mismatches. They are amazingly talented, and it's extremely hard to compete.
http://news.digitaltrends.com/images/stories/2007/5/908/Shadowrun_Hits_Store_Shelves-1.jpg
This is a great game. It really is, but I'm not sure I would buy this game solely for online multiplayer. Buy it with a few friends and have fun wiping the floor with your A.I. enemies!

24 comments:

  1. I'll probably check this out over winter

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must admit me and my buds played the RPG back in the day, this video game version looks pretty sweet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man this looks like a pretty sick RPG. I would check it out, but too bad I don't xbox 360 :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. That actually sounds pretty cool, I don't have Live though ;_;

    ReplyDelete
  5. That second picture reminds me of Favela from COD or the graphics style of Fable... I play too much :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whoa whoa whoa whoa, is this based of the pen and paper RPG? Wow I used to play that with friends every weekend in jr. high. Oh wow I haven't even thought about it in forever.

    I have to try this out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kewl story, bra! waiting for updates from you

    ReplyDelete
  8. If I had an XBox 360, I would get this game

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow, that gives me something to think about

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very informative post, looking forward to more.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Used to love this as an RPG. Hope they bring it to PS3/PC

    ReplyDelete
  12. this looks great, I am going to give it a try fo sho!!!!

    ReplyDelete