Followers

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

TimeSplitters 2

I don't know what it is about nostalgia posts, but I can't seem to get over it. I'm not sure if that's a bad thing or not though...Oh well, Haley got me to look at some of my old PlayStation games because of her post yesterday, and I found a true treasure. The treasure, TimeSplitters 2, from Eidos was probably the game I played the most on my PlayStation2.
http://image.gamespotcdn.net/gamespot/images/bigboxshots/4/517864_50943_front.jpg 
I'll be honest, I was only about 10 when I started playing this game so I wasn't to focused on missions, it was more just a way for me to kill a lot of people without repercussions from society. But after a more recent playthrough I came to appreciate the finer features of the game. There are so many weapons to choose from... So many different missions (all of them fun and well thought out)... and believe it or not, there's actually a real storyline.
http://images.fanpop.com/images/image_uploads/Cortez-and-Hart-time-splitters-series-117848_810_768.jpg
You are one of two future special agent type people that has to go back through various parts of time to get these crystals to keep these alien monster type people away from your time period. It's a brilliant way to incorporate a lot of different games into one. Imagine a campaign that consists of Halo mixed with Red Dead mixed with Call of Duty mixed with all sorts of other games, and that is what you get with TS2.
http://www.deafgamers.com/timesplitters2pic5.jpg
Besides a stellar campaign, you also get some really good multiplayer, with some decent bots. The game features more multiplayer modes than I can feasibly list on this blog. Included are your regular death match types, as well as some objective CTF. There are also some fun ones like flame tag and zombies.
http://www.deafgamers.com/timesplitters2pic5.jpg
Along with multiplayer is a single player mode called challenge. In challenge you have to do stuff like throw bricks through fifteen windows in 45 seconds. Or shoot 17 monkeys in the head with a crossbow. Or other ridiculous things of the sort. It is sort of like an earlier version of Spec Ops from Modern Warfare 2. Regardless, a great nostalgia play.

21 comments:

  1. oh man, this game was so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was such a good game xD

    Thanks for posting this xD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting post, supported ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Timesplitters 2 is soooo good. I loved playing virus on chinese with my friend, we played it for hours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. sounds interesting.... nice game.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This game rocked, good thing you refound it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. lulz , and yup classic game thanks for the post

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH MY GOD I LOVED THIS GAME SO MUCH, AHHHHHHHHHHHHH

    /memories

    ReplyDelete
  9. looks awesome I might pick that up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this kind of graphics, this game seems cool.

    ReplyDelete